Tuesday, January 15, 2013






Plein Air Sketching



                                                                           
One of my favorite activities is to take my sketchbook and my watercolor paints outdoors.  There is something special about capturing the mood of the day in a sketch outside in the open air. The weather is often windy or cold, the rain comes unexpectedly making me dash for cover, or the sun comes out and causes me to grab my sunhat and shade my sketchbook. This is all part of the wonderful experience. While sketching, I observe things that are often missed when taking photos or just walking by.   












Sometimes I write a caption about the experience or where and when I did the sketch.  This is often unnecessary, as my sketch, no matter how lousy it is, takes me immediately back to the time and place because the experience was so rich.

Hope you enjoy these pages from one of my sketchbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment